14 November 2007

The elastic band

just about 16 more days to the end of this sem! =) did some reflecting and realise that there are just far too many things to thank God for. where do i start? looking back into my personal journal which I started keeping this sem, i was reminded again of how God has been so absolutely faithful to me.

this sem has been by far one of the worst? (or maybe every sem just feels pretty much the worst. hehe) but yeah.. had a crazy amount of work.. a total of 10 projects on top of my final year proj, my 7 subjects and all the ministry commitments.

I must say that before this, I kinda never really knew how being stressed feels like? my elastic band has been pulled at for ages, and it has never really reached its limit. but somewhere in the middle of this sem, i felt for the first time that I was nearing breaking point. for an entire 1-2 weeks, i felt like if i was given one more tug, i'll break; i'll plunge right into the pits. in moments of depair like these, God was the only person who can help me and so I prayed

at the end of the craziest weeks of my life.. an entry from my journal. dated 19th Sept '07

God sustained me through this hectic and impossible week. I was reminded during Oasis that God has always been there with me all the time; that I wouldnt have gotten through it all if He hasnt been the one helping and carrying me through them. When I was feeling emotionally down, God gave me the opportunity to trust in Him, to lean on Him, to depend solely on Him to lift my spirits up. As I look back to the events of the past week, I see God in the whole picture; how He left me alone at times when everything was overwhelming and consuming me, to remind me to go back to Him, how He brought people to remind me of the things that should matter and to correct my perspective.
As I prepared for bible study on Luke 10:38-42 (Jesus' visit to Mary and Martha), I was yet again reminded of how much a 'Martha' I can be. that against my natural incline, I must and I must wait upon the Lord; to take time out with Him, to listen to His voice. I thank God that He heard me at my breaking point, at the peak of all things vying to tear me apart, He swooped me up as a Father would with His beloved child, and rescued me from the snares of this world. He preserved me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am determined to be the first commentator for your blog, har har...keep the faith, elastic band :) And REST MORE, CAN?

I am like a nagging mother...bad...bad...